Economics Dissertation Topics
Economics has evolved from being a hobby that gentlemen in the 18th century engaged in during their leisure time, into a field that is widely revered and whose experts are in demand around the world. What was popularised by writers, researchers and philosophers such as Adam Smith in the 1770s, has become a field with significant relevance and importance in today’s society that is highly financialised and globalised. Dating back to medieval scholastics as well as literature published back in the 15th and 18th century, through the 19th century, the concerns of economics have largely focused on aspects such as choices of individuals, borrowing, money, consumption and production, occupations and employment, markets, trade, pricing of assets, taxes, and most recently human behaviour in relation to economic decisions.
There are multitudes of research studies, within the existing literature, that have been conducted in relation to the above concerns and many of these have resulted in a number of models that attempt to provide possible explanations. As the world continues to evolve with the advent of technological advancements that have increased the pace of transformation and globalisation, new areas in economics have emerged as worthwhile research targets. The following are possible economics dissertation topics to choose from for your academic research project in economics:
A List of Winning Macroeconomics Topics for Your Next Term Paper
Are you worried because you need to complete your term paper in macroeconomics for your college? Do you want to impress your professors with a winning paper? Do your parents expect highly of you regarding your studies? Do you think your subject choice is a hindrance to your better academic performance? Do you want to write a great paper on macroeconomics without having much trouble?
All of these questions and many others will bug your mind if you want to write a great paper in macroeconomics. You are not the only one having problems in completing your term paper. You need to relax and organize your task. Start by dividing your task into simpler steps so that you can assign time for each. The first and most important step in your paper is the topic selection. This is quite critical because you need to think of a unique and fresh topic that suits your paper.
The topic should also be something that is of your interest. This will make it easier for you to write your paper and stay motivated during the research process. If you are short of ideas for your paper, you can go ahead and do some brainstorming to find fresh ideas for your topic.
Below are some interesting topics you can use if you are to write a paper in macroeconomics. It is not necessary that you like all of these topics or use them as is. You can edit, alter and reverse these topics to create your own unique paper.
- What impact will the economy face if institutions keep on showing more flexibility on giving loans and credits?
- How do uncertain conditions like war, terrorism, inflation, unemployment and disputes effect the gross domestic product of a country
- Why do share values fall and stock market experiences a decline when something goes wrong in the political setting of a country
- Show with examples the effect on foreign trade between China and America in the past decade
- What is liquidity trap and why does it arise
- Is it good for an economy to experience sudden inflation or deflation? Explain with examples
- What were the major reasons for great depression
- What is the basic focus of monetary policy
- What is the drawback of fiscal policy
- Why paper currencies have become popular