A researcher must know two important things before the selection of research/thesis topic. The researcher must know the sources of data collection and the type of statistical technique used in the analysis. Many a times, it is seen that students submit the research topics without having clear idea about the sources of data collection and the appropriate statistical technique for the analysis. Such students face terrible issues once they start working on the project. Therefore, students must be careful while submitting the final topic. A list of important topics of research on finance is provided to help the students in selecting their research/thesis topics.
Impact of privatization on non-performing loans of banks in (country name)
Risk assessment and decision making in business and industry
Impact of awareness on the choice of short-term financing (A case study of yarn merchants)
Impact of privatization on profitability & capital employment of stated owned enterprises in (country name)
Enterprise risk management (an essential process for sustainable profit and growth)
Audit fee expense and size of the company in (country name)
Determinants of capital structure in cement industry of (country name)
Impact of gross loan portfolio on microfinance value saving comparison between microfinance institutions and microfinance banks
Impact of interest rate on stock market
A study based on the effects of interest rate on share price
Comparison of micro finance institutions, micro-finance banks and micro finance institutions and development of entrepreneurial skills
Empowering women though microfinance
Banking and currency crisis causality from banks crises to currency crises
Patronage factors of Islamic banking system in (country name)
Analysis of profitability of banks: comparative study of domestic & foreign banks in (country name)
Financial exclusion: market versus self-driven causes
A study on the inhibitions experienced by existing and non-existing users towards online banking in (country name)
Correlation study between measures of financial performance of banks in (country name)
Comparative study of credit scoring methods between local and foreign banks of (country name)
Market interest rate and commercial bank profitability in (country name)
Determinants of corporate dividend payout policy
Effects of free cash flow on profitability of firms
Fundamentals and stock return: Empirical study of cement industry in (country name)
Relationship between stock prices and rupee dollar parity in (country name)
The relation of credit risk rating with financial ratios in (country name)
Factor influencing individual investor behavior: the case of the stock exchange (e.g. New York Stock Exchange)
Determinant of dividend payout ratio: A study of fertilizer sector
Fundamentals and stock returns in (country name)
The differential impact of Islamic banking on car loans and house financing through banks in (country name)
A study on relationship between stock market development and economic growth in (country name)
Effects of mergers and acquisition in banking sector of (country name)
Impact of privatization of banks on profitability
The impact of interest rate risk on the profitability of Islamic and conventional banks
Relationship between cash flow and capital spending in pharmaceutical industry of (country name)
Effect of fund size on mutual fund performance
Comparison of financial performance in banking sector
Determinants of capital structure: A study of sugar and allied sector of (country name)
Can risk aversion indicator anticipate financial crises
Cash flow and capital spending relationship: evidence from automobile sector
Targeting consumer segment: A sustainable growth for mutual funds
Relating risk factors with contemporary distribution channels
Impact of privatization on profitability and efficiency of banks in (country name)
Money supply chain and stock prices
A comparative study between micro-finance banks, micro-finance institutions and rural support programs in creating self-employment in (country name)
Validating of CAPM in predicting stock prices at stock exchange (e.g. New York Stock Exchange)
Fundamental variables and stock return: evidence from sugar and allied sector of (country name)
Which is better indicator of stock returns? Sales price, debt equity, book market or firm size
Mutual fund characteristics and its performance in (country name)
Debt and equity choice for funds
Capital investment and stock return
To study the relationship between price earning ratio and return on investment
A test of price earning ratio to predict future growths
Factors affect on the dividend payout ratio
To study relationship between price earning ratio and growth
Relationship between market factors and stock returns of sugar and allied industries of (country name)
To investigate the association between dividend change and company’s earning in chemical industry of (country name)
Determinants of capital structure in automobile sector of (country name)
Fund size and indicator of performance measurement for fixed income mutual fund
Factors that lead to investment in mutual funds
Predicting stock price via dividend discount model a study over cement sector
Impact of macro-economic variables on stock sector of (country name)
Performance evaluation of mutual funds in (country name)
Comparison between sales price, debt-equity and book market value of equity in analyzing stock returns
Relationship between cash flow and investment spending in textile industry
A test of price earning ratio to predict growth
Effects of free cash flow on investment of firms
An empirical analysis of long-run performance of IPO’s in (country name)
Financial leverage and investment policy
Composition of board of directors and its impact on firm’s performance
Impact of taxation on firm’s dividend payout/ratio
Customer satisfaction in Ijara financing
Impact of acquisitions and mergers on firm performance in FMCG sectors
Share price volatility explicated by fundamental
Stock price and economic variables (interest rate, inflation and GDP)
Determinants of P/E ratio
Impact of capital structure on profitability
Impact of interest rate changes on banks’ profitability
Relationships of stock market returns and rate of inflation
Dividend policy and stock price volatility
Determinants of capital structure in case of pharmaceutical sector
The impact of leverage on stock return
Fundamentals that predict the mutual fund performance: case of (country name)
Effect of different characteristics that leads to mergers and acquisitions
Factors effecting leverage in textile industry of (country name)
Effects of liquidity crisis on bank’s profitability
Relationship between free cash flows and investment in cement sector of (country name)
Impact of working capital on firm’s profitability: study of textile sector of (country name)
The relationship between corporate strategy and capital structure
Assessing the profitability determinants of Islamic banking in (country name)
Turnover as predictor of inflation
Impact of dividend on investment decision
Relationship between Assets and Liabilities in balance sheet
Impact of fiscal policy on economy of (country name)
Determinants of bond market capitalization in (country name)
Relationship between CPI and bond price
Determinants of capital structure in chemical industry in (country name)
Determinants of financial development
Impact of privatization on telecom
Impact of corporate social responsibility on firm’s financial performance
When it comes to selecting a dissertation topic many students enrolled in various degree programs find it difficult to do so. Doing your dissertation is a time consuming and effort requiring task. The time required can range from a few months to a couple of years. A successful dissertation can take you a long way and hold much evidence to display your understanding and learning of a subject. It can assist you when you are looking for job in your field and also help you get acknowledged in your own field. In order to make your dissertation successful it is necessary for you to select a topic that is of your interest. If you are not interested in the chosen topic then all the stages covered in the dissertation will reflect their half-heartedness of the writer and the end result would be a poorly written dissertation which is worthy of no acknowledgement at all. Another thing which should be kept in mind when deciding your topic is the selection of your supervisor. It is important that your supervisor should have enough knowledge regarding your topic to guide you in the right direction.
It is vitally important to make sure that your chosen topic is manageable. If the scope of the topic is too broad to be covered in a given time then it might place additional burden on the student and the final dissertation paper may not satisfy the assessment criteria. Instead of generally covering things it is recommended that the student should choose a concise yet an interesting topic and go into the depth of available information to understand even the minor details of it. Since every degree program gives you limited time to complete your dissertation it is necessary to select a manageable topic with specific boundaries. All the above given tips are true for dissertation in any field or subject. Therefore they are also applicable for finance and accounting dissertation topic selection. Some fascinating topics for finance and accounting are given below.
“Our expert dissertation writers can help you with all stages of the dissertation writing process including topic research and selection, dissertation plan, dissertation proposal, methodology, statistical analysis, primary and secondary research, findings and analysis and complete dissertation writing. Learn more about Research Prospect dissertation writing services. “
Finance and Accounting Dissertation Topics for 2018
How public and market information impacts the fluctuation of share price index: Case study FTSE 250
Purpose: Public market information carries a great significance as it tends to impact and shape the prices. This research is carried out for the purpose of specifically undertaking the role of this information on the fluctuation of share price of companies in FTSE 250 which consists of 101 to 350 top market capitalisation companies.
Analyzing the impact of corporate credit rating on banks and financial institution lending capacity
Purpose: Credit rating tends to impact the reputation of the financial institutions as it evaluates the credit risk of the prospective debtor. This research is going to be carried out for the purpose of significantly analyzing the impact of credit rating on the lending capacities of banks and financial institutions.
A critical analysis of the emergence and development of crypto currencies and how it impacts the current economic activities
Purpose: Crypto currencies have been in the market for quite some time. This research is going to shed light on its emergence and evolution to understand the changes and functionality over the period of time. This research is going to analyse the impact of such currency on current economic activities in the west.
Analyzing the factors of effecting FDI in China and how it impacts the economic development of the country
Purpose: Large population size, fast growing economy, membership of world trade organization, government incentives, low labour cost, and attractive return are some of the major determinants of FDI in China. Through this research, these factors are going to be studied in the context of economic development of the country.
How IAS has helped organizations in presenting quality reports.
Purpose: In the present times financial reports are of great significance to different stakeholders hence it is important for the organizations formulating and publishing the reports to follow a standard approach in order to ensure quality and efficiency. IAS has been setting out accounting guidelines since 2001. This research is going to analyze the role of IAS in ensuring quality of report.
Finance Dissertation Topics
Microfinance is gaining much popularity in today’s world and at all levels. Microfinance looks after the interest of low income individuals and provides support to their small businesses by providing financial assistance or services. These individuals are given an opportunity to lift themselves out of poverty and move towards a better future. Recently considerable number of efforts have been made around the world to gain acknowledgment for microfinance in the eyes of corporate and banking sector. United Kingdom has also made a few efforts such as by marking year 2005 as a year of microcredit. Dissertation topics regarding this field are given below:
- A discussion on the rapid pacing and fast growing popularity of microfinance on international platform
- An analysis of the role and trend of microfinance in UK banking sector
- Want are the constraints faced by UK in establishing microfinance market?
- A UK based discussion and critique on the demand of collective investment schemes
- Discuss the awareness trend of microfinance in the developing world and identify the impacts of it
- Linking credit accessibility and financial amenities to development and growth: A debate
- Analysis of the need of public and private sector partnership
- A euro zone based study on the accessibility of financial services like microfinance to the low income individuals.
- A comparison between Asia and Europe based on financial innovation ideas and capacity
- A financial feasibility study of certain products available in the native market
Retail and Commercial Banking Dissertation Topics
Retail banking is a type of banking which offers financial services to individuals instead of companies or organizations. Whereas commercial banking is totally the opposite of retail banking and focuses on providing services to corporations and to large businesses. In today’s world the popularity and significance of retail and commercial banking is on a decline but still it holds much importance for the banking sector as these two types have successfully reached majority of people in the world regardless of their location and therefore responsible for engaging mass population. Some dissertation topics in this area of finance and accounting are given below:
- Commercial banking is playing a vital role in changing the banking trend in Europe. Discuss with special focus on the effect of commercial banking on retail banking.
- What are the present trends in the management of asset liabilities? Discuss with relevance to the UK banking sector
- Discuss the hypothetical and applicable approaches used to manage assets liability in the world of commercial banking.
- Critically discuss the role played by retail banking in providing financial assistance to rural development in UK.
- Explain how commercial banking has evolved and progressed over time and what noticeable changes were observed during its growth period.
- Can agricultural productivity be enhanced? Discuss with relevance to commercial and retail banking.
“Completethis short online formand provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research.“
Financing in Emerging Market Dissertation Topics
The term ‘emerging market’ is used for any country which holds the potential of becoming a developed market in future. These countries have certain features and qualities of developed market and therefore have a full chance of turning into one. For example countries like India, Russia and China are likely to arise and become developed markets in the years to come. Different organizations across the globe are trying to establish or expand their business in these emerging markets so that they can also enjoy a piece of their success once they become developed. Some interesting and attention grabbing dissertation topics in this particular field are given below:
- Do the organizations find emerging markets cheap to establish their business?
- An analysis of the outlook and expectations of UK investors from emerging markets
- Discuss how investment banking has evolved and can be applied in emerging markets
- Critical analysis of banking system in emerging markets: Financial consultancy
- Analyze the trend of direct foreign investment in Asian countries and its effect on their economy.
Alternative Investment Dissertation Topics
The financial instability of the markets has forced the investors to move towards alternative investments. They now prefer offshore investment funds or mutual funds. Dissertation in this field can prove to be very interesting and therefore few topics have been suggested below:
- Study based on the evolution and growth of hedge funds and their impact on the investment market of United Kingdom.
- Studying the popularity trends of mutual and index funds.
- How can regulatory involvement and implementation control alternative investments?
- An analysis of mutual funds benefits: comparison between its investment and returns.
- Hedge funds: profitable or risky?
Internet Banking Dissertation Topics
The world is moving at a fast pace and so are the lives of the people. In this busy world time means money and therefore the traditional banking methods are changing into more advanced, easy, convenient and time saving methods such as internet or online banking. With every passing day internet banking is becoming more and more popular among people in both urban and rural set ups. Now even while staying at home you can easily make transactions regarding bills and daily tasks through internet. People living in rural areas also don’t find easy access to banking services but through internet banking such problems are taken care of. The trend of internet banking is increasing and will have even a better potential in future with wide range of services to offer. Therefore dissertation in this field can prove to be beneficial for a student’s professional career. Some interesting topics are given below:
- Discuss the future prospects of online banking in United Kingdom
- Explain how relationship banking has evolved and developed over time? Also discuss various aspect of its application.
- How does internet banking cater for the banking needs of rural and urban population?
- It has been observed that there is great variation in the trends of internet banking throughout UK. Comparatively discuss these variations.
- A discussion on the various security methods that are being used worldwide to make electronic banking safe
- An Analysis of the marketing techniques used in UK to promote the use of internet banking.
- Discuss the economic aspects of internet banking with the help of facts and figures
- What is the role played by online banking in sharpening the society towards a better tomorrow?
- A comparison of digital improvements and advances being made in banking sector of Europe and United Kingdom
CSR of Banking Industry Dissertation Topics
Corporate social responsibility is becoming an important part of the current banking system. It is a strategy which is adopted by a company to show its concern towards the society and environment. It basically displays the sensitivity of a firm today the social and ecological issues and also shows it willingness to alter their activities to support this cause. Therefore the banks are now facing a lot of pressure from both shareholders and stakeholders. Dissertation in this field can prove to be beneficial and therefore is highly recommended. Some topics have been suggested below:
- What is the true worth of CSR in the eyes of investment banks based in United Kingdom?
- What are the recent updates, trends and practices of corporate social responsibility doings in the banking sector of UK?
- Discuss the banking commands and practices used in CSR.
- A critical analysis of the retirement schemes and arrangements provided by the local banks.
- Corporate social responsibility incorporation: A necessity or a burden?
- Discuss the dynamics of terrorism on financial ground.
Education, Perception and Gender bias in Accounting
Accounting is being practiced worldwide but still there are a great number of people who are unaware of the standard accounting practices and therefore various organizations around the globe are facing the challenge of educating and informing people about accounting practices. It has also been observed that in some societies, people tend to show gender bias-ism when it comes to practicing accounting. Dissertation in this field can help understand the situation better and therefore some dissertation topics are given below:
- Discuss how women are doing in the field of accountancy.
- A comparison of UK and Europe’s organizations on the basis of accounting education.
- A comparison of UK and Asia’s organizations on the basis of accounting education.
- Does the accounting education system need to change or remain the same for future?
- What are the difficulties that women have to face in the accounting profession?
Ethics in Accounting Dissertation Topics
In recent times there have been a lot of issues regarding ethics of accounting. In fact it is one of the burning issues and requires full attention. In some societies or cultures the practices are considered unethical and therefore it is important to ensure that these practices are made acceptable to everyone in this world. Dissertation in this field would prove to be of great value and would provide a clear picture of the current issues regarding accounting. Once all the problems are clearly understood only then appropriate measures can be taken to solve them. Dissertation topics related to this field are suggested below:
- Suggest ways by which lessons regarding ethics can be incorporated in the university course of accounting students.
- A critique on the quality of ethical guidance available.
- Does the banking profession recognize the value of ethics? And are the banking sector incorporating ethical practices into its working?
- What is the true worth and importance of accounting for a specific brand?
- Identify and discuss the missing links between accounting and ethics.
- Assess the need to teach accounting students about ethics: Comparison of merits and demerits.
- What is the worth and legal status of accounting education in the world of banking?
More Finance & Accounting Dissertation Topics
- How public and market information impacts the fluctuation of share price index: Case study FTSE 250
- Analyzing the impact of corporate credit rating on banks and financial institution lending capacity
- A critical analysis of the emergence and development of crypto currencies and how it impacts the current economic activities
- Analyzing the factors of effecting FDI in China and how it impacts the economic development of the country
- How IAS has helped organizations in presenting quality reports.
How to Structure Your Psychology Dissertation Topics
- Title Page
- Abstract/Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Literature Review
- Findings and Analysis
- Discussion and Conclusion
For detailed information on how to structure a business dissertation, kindly click on the link below:
How to Structure a Dissertation
About Research Prospect
Research Prospect Pvt Ltd isUK’s best academic writing service. All of our writers hold Master’s or PHD degreesfrom highly recognized UK universities. Our services include but not limited toresearch paper writing, dissertation writing, literature review writing, partial dissertation writing, statistical analysis, andcoursework writing.