Essay on Against Illegal Downloading
1318 Words6 Pages
Against Illegal Downloading
At the dawn of the internet, many things such as books and text became obsolete, due to insufficient monitoring of internet activity and sites. Individuals were able to gain free access to books and publications that normally needed to be bought, or required a fee. This is something that has caused problems for booksellers and publishers. Now, as technology advances, it also begins the decline of music, software, and television industries—but something can be done before it’s too late. Illegal downloading is a problem that affects us all, either directly or indirectly. Many people do not take it too seriously. They have not realized that it is an epidemic; like a disease that keeps growing as people become…show more content…
People need to be aware that what they are doing is wrong and is just like walking into a store and stealing it off a store shelf.
It’s not only the music industry that’s being affected, this “epidemic” also spreads into the movie industry, which spends millions to entertain us, computer software companies, the ones that make the programs that we use at home and work and make our lives easier. Even publishers of books and magazines are being affected. People take magazines and books and scan every page of it on to their computer as a picture image and distribute it freely. Since people now have the option to download music, movies, or software for free online, they will not buy the retail products anymore, therefore driving the profits and income down for companies selling these products. If all of this keeps up, America and the rest of the world will soon lose many of the companies that provide them with essential programs, entertainment, music, books, and magazines.
If the music industry is not successful in stopping the illegal transfer of music, then they will start compensating for their loses by raising the price of the music for commercial users. This includes music that is in movies, video games, radio, or used on TV. If their prices are raised to use song in a movie or TV show, theaters and
Introduction: Internet is a world-wide network of computerized devices and servers. Data travels to and fro among computer systems and servers.
Around three billion people around the world are using internet. The countries with largest number of internet users includes China, United States, and India.
The organization that provides the internet facility to users is called Internet Service Provider (ISP). They normally charge a usage based fees from the customers.
There are many advantages of internet.
- We can make donations online.
- We can send and receive information across large matrix of computer systems. Through email service, we can send messages for both business and personal purposes.
- Internet has opened doors for virtual online offices.
- During the festive season, we don’t need to visit crowed stores to buy our stuff. We can make online purchases at a bargain price.
- We can send birthday greeting cards through the internet.
- Before making any purchases, we can check online for user reviews of the products that we intend to buy.
- We can use social media applications on our personal computer and mobile devices. In this way, we can reconnect to our old school friends.
- We can gather information for new job openings. We can also apply online for jobs.
- We can earn online by doing freelancing jobs, selling online, completing surveys, affiliate marketing, etc.
- We can also sell old items that are of no use for us.
- During idle time, we can listen to music or watch a video.
Also read: Essay on Internet and Its Uses
The disadvantages of internet are:
- We often tend to purchase those extra items that we rarely need. Such purchases are a wastage of money.
- The internet is not free. Sometimes, it hurts while paying bills.
- There are hundreds of vendors selling products of various brands. We get confused with too many choices.
- The transaction cost levied by the payment gateway providers decreases the margin of the online sellers.
- Too many contradictory review leads us nowhere.
- The physical distance among loved ones is increasing.
- Somewhere the emotional connect between people are missing.
- We feel helpless when the internet connection is down.
- We always remain engaged with many online activities such as checking emails, socializing, chatting, online shopping, business-deals, etc. We don’t get time to rest.
- Our life is moving at the pace of internet. We seldom spare few moments of peace for us.
We have the intellect to make smart choices. We should not allow internet to distract or disturb our mind. We should use it in a way that brings harmony in life.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles