Student Assignment Wcpss Net Careers

We offer parents two opportunities to apply to change their school assignment – the Magnet/Year-Round Application period and the School Transfer Request period. En Español


Magnet/Year-Round Application for 2018-19

Application Period: Ended Feb. 5. Families will be notified of results on Feb. 19.

Families have the opportunity to apply to a magnet school and/or a year-round calendar school during this application period. 

School Transfer Request for 2018-19

Request Period: Feb. 20 – Mar. 6, 2018 

Families will have the opportunity to request to attend any school on any calendar during this request period. Requests must be completed online by March 6. Late requests will not be accepted. Families will be notified of results starting on March 6.

School Transfer Request for 2017-18

Request Period: Within 10 days of enrolling or changing your address. 

New families, families who recently moved or students who experience a life-changing event may apply to change schools. Applications must be completed within 10 days of enrolling or changing your address.

Welcome to the Wake County Public School System! Here is how to enroll in our school district. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Assignment online or at 919-431-7333. En Español

Step 1: Find your base school

In Wake County, students are assigned to a base elementary, middle, and high school for their home address. Find your base school using our address look-up tool. If you are attending one of the four schools opening in 2018, you will register at your 2017-18 base school. Your base school may have an enrollment cap. You will still register at your base school. Learn more about how an enrollment cap might affect you.


Step 2: Complete the enrollment forms

Download and complete the enrollment forms for your child's grade level. 

Step 3: Bring the enrollment materials to your base school

You'll need to bring the completed enrollment form along with the following materials to your child's base school. We recommend calling ahead to learn office hours. Here's your checklist of items to gather: 

  1. Completed enrollment packet
  2. A certified copy of your child's birth certificate. (Need a birth certificate? Parents of children born in Wake County may now order certified birth certificates on the Wake County Register of Deeds website.)
  3. Proof of your Wake County address, such as:
  4. A photo ID of the parent or guardian
  5. Your child's immunization record
  6. Any custody documents

Step 4: Obtain and submit a health assessment

State law requires that every child entering public schools in N.C. for the first time receive a health assessment. The assessment must occur within 12 months prior to entering school. You or your medical provider should provide a completed health assessment form to the school on or before the child's first day of attendance. Health assessment forms are also available at Wake County schools, area doctors' offices or at the Wake County Health Department. You have up to 30 calendar days from the first day of attendance to present the required proof of immunization and health assessment. At the end of the 30 day period, any child without a health assessment will be prohibited from attending school until the assessment is submitted. 


0 Thoughts to “Student Assignment Wcpss Net Careers

Leave a comment

L'indirizzo email non verrà pubblicato. I campi obbligatori sono contrassegnati *